Patrick J. Healey is a partner at Rebar Kelly. He has extensive experience in commercial litigation, civil litigation area, having handled cases of medical malpractice, automobile and premises liability, municipal liability, civil rights, products liability, employment litigation, insurance coverage, ERISA, and employment law. Patrick has conducted cases from initial pleading to discovery phases, through trial and appeal. He has tried hundreds of arbitrations, dozens of cases to verdict as sole trial counsel, and has acted as co-counsel at trial on approximately 50 additional cases. Patrick has authored numerous appellate briefs and has also argued before the Pennsylvania Superior and Commonwealth Courts, and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. He has also practiced before the EEOC and Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission.
Prior to joining Rebar Kelly, Patrick was employed as staff counsel for two of the largest insurance companies in the country and was partner in a firm that represented one of the nation’s largest hospitals. Patrick has a true appreciation of an insurance clientele’s needs and assessment. He brings focus and efficiency that only such a background provides.
University of Scranton, magna cum laude, B.S. in Political Science, M.A. in History 1988
Villanova University School of Law 1991
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Defense Research Institute, Trucking Law Committee
Villanova Law School elected member of Honor Board
Villanova Law School Student Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Superior Court Holds That Insurer Waived Defense by Not Specifically Referencing it in Reservation of Rights Letter
- Pennsylvania Superior Court Extends Statute of Limitations in Medical Malpractice Actions
- Pennsylvania Court Refuses to Recognize a Civil Cause of Action for Data Breach Claims
In his spare time, Patrick enjoys biking, running, hiking, reading, and spending time with his family. He admits his one guilty pleasure is his love of fine cigars.