REAL ESTATE AGENT & BROKER DEFENSE
Real estate agent and broker defense is an area of law requiring specialized knowledge and understanding of both the client’s business and its intersection with the law. Agents and brokers have undergone substantial professional training and devote significant time to their occupation. Their sacrifice and efforts contribute to the greatness and integrity of their profession. When professional reputations are attacked, Rebar Kelly’s Real Estate Agent/Broker Defense Group has the experience, knowledge, and talent to provide the best defense.
Rebar Kelly partners with industry experts to tailor a defense strategy for each real estate agent/broker claim it defends. We do not believe in “cookie cutter” solutions and work with our clients to develop a unique approach to secure a favorable result. With years of experience in defending these professionals, Rebar Kelly has successfully defended real estate agent and broker claims involving errors in professional judgment, professional mistakes and errors, improper counseling, insufficient advice, improper reporting, failure to properly advise, failure to disclose, misrepresentation, breach of contract, unjust enrichment, and negligence. Rebar Kelly attorneys possess a masterful knowledge of the particular risks that affect agents and brokers, consumer fraud and unfair trade practices act and attacks on a real estate professional’s license. At Rebar Kelly, we also provide specific, tailored program and presentations to our professional clients to educate them on the latest liability trends so that they can avoid litigation.
Some of our recent real estate defense successes include:
- Prevailed on a Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings in favor of Rebar Kelly’s real estate agent client in a litigation where homebuyers brought claims for fraud, violations of the Pennsylvania Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law, and negligence. In this matter, Rebar Kelly successfully represented the seller’s real estate agent from the homebuyers’ claims that the agent misrepresented and/or concealed certain conditions on the property. This matter was dismissed before discovery commenced.
- In response to pre-suit claim that a buyer’s agent racially discriminated against her client in violation of the Fair Housing Act, Rebar Kelly wrote such a strong and persuasive response to Claimant’s counsel in the agent’s defense that suit was never filed and the statute of limitations ran on the claim.
- Prevailed on a Motion to Dismiss in federal court where plaintiff alleged that the real estate broker discriminated against her and illegally sold her property.
- Secured the early resolution of a claim against a seller’s real estate agent for fraud, violations of the New Jersey consumer fraud act, and negligence for a nominal value before depositions took place. In this matter, Rebar Kelly persuaded the Plaintiffs at an early stage that their claims related to a severe bedbug infestation in a property they purchased had such little success against Rebar Kelly’s client that the Plaintiffs accepted settlement for less than 10% of their original demand.
- Achieved the dismissal of a complaint raising claims of breach of contract, breach of implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, and conspiracy against a seller’s real estate agent. The dismissal was achieved so early in the litigation that the agent was dismissed before it filed an answer.
- Resolved a suit against an insurance agent for selling a property with a cesspool in violation of New Jersey law before any discovery was conducted.